On Being a Dentist
Dr. Marci Beck chose to become a dentist because she wanted to help people with their oral health and establish long-term relationships based on trust and respect. Today, Dr. Beck knows her decision was the right one. Through dentistry, she has been able to provide care that helps people across the community, both physically and emotionally. She's had a hugely positive impact on the lives of her patients.
Dr. Marci retired from patient care in 2022 but still provides valuable insight to the practice team in a consultant role.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science in microbiology – University of Florida
- Master of Science in environmental engineering sciences – University of Florida
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of Florida College of Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- Academy of General Dentistry, Master
- Florida Dental Association
- Leon County Dental Association, past president
Although she was born in Philadelphia, Tallahassee has been Dr. Beck’s home for more than 40 years. Her husband, Dr. Glenn Beck, is not only her best friend but her business partner and colleague. They have three children: Amelia, David, and Dr. Brian Beck, who also practices dentistry at Tallahassee Dental Associates.
Dr. Beck loves the beauty of nature and exercising, preferably at the same time. Traveling is a particular passion of hers. She likes to explore beautiful parts of the world where she can hike, bike, raft, and scuba dive. She also enjoys golfing, boating, yoga, and working out at the gym.
Giving back to the community is a strong personal mission for Dr. Beck. She especially enjoys encouraging young professionals to seek a career helping others in dentistry. In 2005, Dr. Beck started the Smiles by Beck Scholarship, which is awarded to three students each year at Tallahassee Community College.